subscribe button

Wednesday

What Goes Around Comes Around

We have a heard of a "robbery gone wrong" where innocent people died. I be a little insensitive here but I think the below is an example of a "robbery gone right".

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- When two men walked into a popular country store outside Atlanta, announced a holdup and fired a shot, owners Bobby Doster and Gloria Turner never hesitated. The pair pulled out their own pistols and opened fire.

The armed suspect and his partner were killed. The owners won't be charged, according to local officials, because they were acting in self-defense.

"I just started shooting," said Gloria Turner, 56. "I was trying to blow his brains out is what I was trying to do."...

....She said she tried to open the register, but one of the men told her she wasn't moving fast enough and tried to shoot her husband. He missed -- and his gun jammed.

At that point, Bobby Doster pulled out a .380-caliber handgun and shot one of the suspects. Gloria Turner then went for a 9 mm pistol she keeps near the register.

"All hell broke loose," she said. "I was trying to shoot and dial 911 at the same time."

0 comments: