subscribe button

Sunday

The L Word, From the Beginning


Season Two begins on February 20, 2005 at 10pm

Sunday night (21 Nov) starts the full rerun of The L Word's first season on ShowTime. I have to admit that I started watching this show last year because Sex and the City ended and I was looking to see if this show could fill that gap. OK I'll admit it I hadn't seen Jennifer Beals since Flash Dance and I was amazed that she still looked that good.

Where Sex and the City was a humorous commentary on living single in the city, the L Word is a running commentary on a group of friends that are mostly Lesbian living in L.A.. The L Word didn't try to copy Sex and the City in any way shape or fashion. This show was designed as a drama version of friends with more adult themes (ok, ok, more sex).

As with any new show this one started with a lot of cliches and with any TV show they fill the slots with the "Beautiful People" so there very few "butch" women to be seen. Even with the cliches I was hooked and watched the whole season. This drama had me curious each week about what was going to happen next. I love the way these characters tied together and when it ended after only 13 shows there was a void, I wanted more. I think if you give this show a chance you won't regret it.

The only cast member that is openly gay is Leisha Hailey who plays Alice(blonde lower right).

Meet the cast on the Internet Movie Database. Here is their Plot Outline: Follows the lives and loves of a small, close-knit group of lesbian women living in Los Angeles as well as the friends and family members that either support or loath them. (more)

Read a review of the pilot by Gennie of Dizzy-Girl

Learn the language The L Word Lexicon

Great music videos and episode pics Welcome to The L Word

Vanity Fair Pics @ The L Word Online.
Still Shots @ The L Word Online.
Promo Pics @ The L Word Online.
Pics in the Media @ The L Word Online.

Mia Kirshner- here, here & here
Erin Daniels- here & here

Update: others blogging The L Word
Both Hands comments on the closing song from season one in The Blower's Daughter
The Queer Propaganda has It's Showtime and this

0 comments: