subscribe button

Tuesday

Don't Tread on Me

The results of this quiz were interesting.

Ok maybe I don't trust Government and I might be more Libertarian then Republican, even though I label myself conservative and identify with the Republican party.

Religion and politics probably shouldn't mix but I don't feel oppressed by either. I do however feel strongly that the courts have to stop their attack on religion, the 1st amendment talks of the freedom of religion not freedom from religion.

The third statement might be considered "live and let live". I can agree with that within the limits of the law. The structure of the law and abiding by it are important to me.





You Are a "Don't Tread On Me" Libertarian



You distrust the government, are fiercely independent, and don't belong in either party.

Religion and politics should never mix, in your opinion... and you feel oppressed by both.

You don't want the government to cramp your self made style. Or anyone else's for that matter.

You're proud to say that you're pro-choice on absolutely everything!


Pro-choice on everything? I don't think so. I do have a compromising position on abortion.

I am opposed to the "pro choice" position of abortion on demand during any phase of the pregnancy. I find that concept appalling. On the other hand I'm not a pure right to life person either. As a quick compromise I would give the following.

1st trimester -- All abortions are legal .... Ok already I think it should be allowed only in instances of rape, incest, or if the health or life of the mother is in danger. But I'm willing to be persuaded to the former statement.

2nd trimester -- abortions only if the health or life of the mother is in jeopardy.

3rd trimester -- only to save the life of the mother. Of course the American Medical Association doesn't think that there is any reason to abort in the third trimester. The following is from their site.
(4) In recognition of the constitutional principles regarding the right to an abortion articulated by the Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade, and in keeping with the science and values of medicine, the AMA recommends that abortions not be performed in the third trimester except in cases of serious fetal anomalies incompatible with life. Although third-trimester abortions can be performed to preserve the life or health of the mother, they are, in fact, generally not necessary for those purposes. Except in extraordinary circumstances, maternal health factors which demand termination of the pregnancy can be accommodated without sacrifice of the fetus, and the near certainty of the independent viability of the fetus argues for ending the pregnancy by appropriate delivery.
What does this mean. It means that I think roe v wade should be redefined with specific limits or it should be tossed and the states and the people should set the limits. I think the people would set reasonable checks, but I don't think any state with the exception of maybe Utah would ban abortion.

This quiz did cause some introspection and was fun.

0 comments: