by Cassandra Germsheid
Yes, it can!
I believe that water not only helps with weight loss, but is also one of the most important things to keep in mind when trying to lose weight. Here are just some of the reasons why everyone should be drinking at least eight glasses of water day.
- Naturally suppresses appetite
- Increases metabolism
- Reduces stored fat deposits
- Improves kidney function
- Decreases fluid retention
- Helps muscles maintain their tone
- Aids in the prevention of sagging skin after weight loss
- Rids the body of excess waste
- Regulates bowel movements
- It’s Free!
I started drinking 9 glasses a day, and I noticed a difference over night!! I lost five pounds in the course of one day, and it’s stayed off. The key is to keep drinking water, or you will see the weight come back. For every 25 pounds you want to lose, drink an extra glass of water. Keep in mind however, that water can also be consumed through food such as fruits, which contain 90% water.
Here are some tips to help you make sure you get your daily intake:
- Make an appointment with your glass of water. Schedule certain times of the day to chug back 8 ounces at once. After you wake up in the morning, on your way to work, during a commercial, etc.
- Have a water race with a friend or family member. The extra competition will help motivate you
- I bought a big 1.5L bottle and made sure I drank all of it before the end of the day. If I didn’t, I told my co-workers that they had permission to dump whatever was left on my head.
- Before drinking that coffee or pop, force yourself to get another glass of water down. You will probably not even want anything else after that.
- When you go to the bathroom (and you will be going frequently at first), refuel yourself with another glass before going back to whatever it was that you were doing.
- Measure how much water you need in a bottle or measuring cup, then you can see your goal for the day.
- I played a game with myself while I was doing a puzzle. Every time I fit a piece into the puzzle, I would have to take a drink. It seems pretty silly, but it worked. I do puzzles pretty fast, so I downed almost 2 glasses in less than a half hour. Be careful though, drinking more than 48 fluid ounces can be dangerous to your health.
- If you haven't reached your recommended daily intake by the end of the day, eat some of your favorite fruits to compensate.
About the Author
Cassandra Germsheid is the owner of Baby Tips Online. She is a stay at home mother but sometimes works part time for her local newspaper.