subscribe button

Thursday

Kerry's Last Words

Noah Blog put up a new front page after the election. It is scary how close Kerry came to winning this election. If he had expressed himself as clearly during the campaign as he did during his concession speech he might have done better.....

"But in an American election, there are no losers, because whether or not our candidates are successful, the next morning we all wake up as Americans. And that -- that is the greatest privilege and the most remarkable good fortune that can come to us on earth.

With that gift also comes obligation. We are required now to work together for the good of our country. In the days ahead, we must find common cause. We must join in common effort without remorse or recrimination, without anger or rancor. America is in need of unity and longing for a larger measure of compassion.

I hope President Bush will advance those values in the coming years. I pledge to do my part to try to bridge the partisan divide. I know this is a difficult time for my supporters, but I ask them, all of you, to join me in doing that.

Now, more than ever, with our soldiers in harm's way, we must stand together and succeed in Iraq and win the war on terror. I will also do everything in my power to ensure that my party, a proud Democratic Party, stands true to our best hopes and ideals." -- SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY

...Who am I kidding he had his rare moments of expresion during the campaign and it didn't do him one any good.

0 comments: